Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders
in Newborns and Children
August 3-4, 2017
The August 3-4 meeting will take place at HRSA Headquarters (5600 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20857).
The nearest Metro stop is the Twinbrook Station on the red line (1600 Chapman Avenue, Rockville, MD 20852). Parking is available. It is an approximately 10 minute walk from the Metro to HRSA Headquarters.
Parking Options Nearby HRSA Headquarters
– Limited Metered Street Parking
– NIH Public Parking Garage (5635 Fishers Lane, Rockville, MD 20852):
The cost is $2 an hour, or $7 a day. Please note the garage accepts CASH ONLY.
Requirements to Enter the Building
The meeting venue is the Pavilion, located on the main level of HRSA’s office building. You will be required to go through security to enter the building. Please take note of the following details to ensure a smooth arrival experience:
- Allow for up to 30 minutes to get through security.
- You must enter through the main lobby located on 5600 Fishers Lane.
- Bring your driver’s license or some form of government-approved ID with you. Visitors without a driver’s license, passport, or other form of government-issued photo identification will not be granted entry into the facility.
- Please note that if you are from Maine, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana and Washington your driver’s license does not meet federal ID requirements, and you will need an alternate form of ID such as a passport or government ID if you are a state or government employee.
- When you arrive at the building, provide your ID and let the security staff know that you are there for the ACHDNC meeting; and
- Be prepared to remove your belt/any clothing items containing metal, and to have any bags, laptops, coats, etc., screened. Screening consists of X-raying all packages and/or bags and the use of magnetometers (metal detectors).
- Firearms and knives are prohibited.
Once you are through security, you will be escorted to the meeting space by a staff member. You will be allowed to access the Pavilion and café area only.
Visitors from Other Government Agencies: Other government agency employees holding an HSPD-12 PIV card must enter through the main lobby located on Fishers Lane and sign the visitor sign-in roster and must submit to inspection prior to entry.
Hilton Washington DC/Rockville Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
1750 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852
Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
5701 Marinelli Road, Bethesda, MD 20852
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Bethesda
8120 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814
Hyatt Regency Bethesda
1 Bethesda Metro Center, Bethesda, MD 20814
1596A Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852
Amalfi Ristorante Italiano
12397 Wilkins Ave., Rockville, MD 20852
Congressional Plaza, 1699 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852
MoCo’s Founding Farmers
12505 Park Potomac Ave., Potomac, MD 20854
Pike Center Shopping Center
12147 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852
11414 Rockville Pike, North Bethesda, MD 20852
Pike and Rose
Upscale shopping center that includes several restaurants, located approximately 1 mile from meeting site.
11580 Old Georgetown Road, North Bethesda, MD 20852